Skip to main content

Under the Weather


I don't like this time of year. The dreaded cold. The congestion, cough, fever, earaches, bad moods. Jaxon was hit with it first. Then Josh had a 24 hour stomach bug over the weekend. Then guess what I woke up with Monday? YUP! I was so stopped up i felt like my head was a balloon. No relief in site. I was tired and achy. Then to make matters worse I got the stomach bug! So much for having a day off. There is no sick days for mommas! I can be off work (my job) but i couldn't be off my real job. He is doing better when I was feeling my worst. He didn't understand why I didn't want to play. Why I didn't want to get off the couch. He saw me overly excited the minute Josh walked in the door. I went to sleep and slept for 4 hours! He didn't understand. I will make it up to him. I don't like it when he feels bad and I learned today he doesn't like it when I feel bad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOOK! LISTEN!

He looks so big sitting on this little truck. The little truck that plays the most annoying music in the house. I am a weird mom! I refuse to remove any batteries from any toy that we buy him or that he receives as a gift. They are musical and educational and he loves to dance to the songs. So I will not take that from him....but its still annoying nonetheless.... Anyway...I am so proud of how fast he learns to do everything and that he is as independent as his little self can be. He loves to listen to the 2 songs on this little truck. Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Do You Know the Muffin Man are constantly playing. He is a big boy now. He isn't my little baby bundled up anymore......

He's making a list....

The BIG TOY BOOKS arrived in the newspaper a few weeks ago. Let's just say he knows how to catalog shop! He knew what pages to go to that had toys for him. Anything Spiderman is topping his list right now. He will sit and watch the Spiderman movie and not move. Not the cartoon either...the movie with Toby Maguire. He would come across the pages that had the barbies and doll houses and anything pink and point at them and yell "JESSIE!!" So I am glad he knows what she likes because she changes her mind every 5 minutes. We will be shopping soon and from the very worn out toy book he has carried with him for the past few weeks now. He points at 3 things every time he opens the book from Wal-Mart...so i know he means business. And the 50" flat screen that he points at and yells "DAAAADDDY" well sorry for your luck son.

blah blah blah.....

its been a weird week.....full of not so great news......my older sister got laid off of her job...i had to have some blood work done for something abnormal.....(havent heard from them so no news is good news) my uncle was in a motorcycle wreck and is in a hopital thats not in his home town...work is more and more stressful as the days go on.....i have piles of boxes i still havent unpacked and we moved in to this house in July!!.....my car needs to go back into the shop for some unexplained squeak it has when driving.....i need to try to get into a newer car....my grandpas cancer wont go away....i want a much needed vacation before the baby gets here...but i cant travel very far....im cooking my first turkey this year for thanksgiving.....im still trying to press for working part time after the baby arrives....wish me luck there!!.....this turned into more of a vent blog....i feel better.....